Personal Protection Outside the Home
To Schedule Training please look at the available dates on the drop dawn menu or call 228-365-0022
* Reservation fees made for training are "non-refundable." Classes can be rescheduled up to 24 hours before the date of the class, if fail to reschedule the full cost of the class will be lost. Members will have a 20% discount in all classes taught by MCTA. Discounts will not include guest instructors who are not affiliated with MCTA Inc.
Members: $160 (20% off)
Teaches the skills needed for self-defense outside of the home. Students will learn strategies to successfully protect themselves and their families when they are away from home. Topics covered will be:
- Levels of awareness,
- The fighting mindset,
- Ideas of concealment,
- Keeping yourself out of bad situations,
- Intro to timed combat shooting,
- Why one magazine might not be enough,
- Differences between cover and concealment,
- How not to be an easy target
- Information on an individual’s right to self-defense.
In this class you will learn basic pistol shooting skills
- Legal Aspects of Self-Defense outside your home.
- This course is a basic course and you will not be drawing from a holster.
Class duration 8 hours
From 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Holster and extra mags
Some type of cover garment
Safety glasses and ear-pro
Plenty of water
Wear getting dirty clothes