To Schedule Training please look at the available dates on the drop dawn menu or call 228-365-0022
* Reservation fees made for training are "non-refundable." Classes can be rescheduled up to 24 hours before the date of the class, if fail to reschedule the full cost of the class will be lost. Members will have a 20% discount in all classes taught by MCTA. Discounts will not include guest instructors who are not affiliated with MCTA Inc.
Members: $240 (20% off)
Class Synopsis:This class will give the shooter the tools needed to survive a lethal encounter while utilizing safe and efficient weapon manipulation. Dynamic range firing evolutions, barricade use, cover and concealment and engagement of multiple targets are the cornerstones of this program. Concepts covered are as follows:
- Basic Weapon Safety and Handling.
- BZO and Sighting in.
- Sight Convergence from 5 to 25 meters.
- Combat Shooting Stance, Low Ready, Muzzle Avert, Position of Retention.
- Combat and Tactical Reloads from different positions.
- Controlled Pairs, Hammers, and Double Taps.
- Multiple Targets, Failure Drills.
- Advancing, Retreating and Lateral Movement.
- Pivot Turns.
- Advancing to Cover.
- Timed Shooting Drills.
- Transition to secondary weapon.
Class duration 8 hours
From 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Primary weapon (AR type platform) with 5 30 round magazines.
- Secondary weapon (pistol) with 3 15 round magazines.
- 750 rounds of rifle ammunition.
- 200 rounds of pistol ammunition.
- Pistol belt/rig or vest with AR magazine pouches, pistol holster and pistol magazine pouches.
- Weapon lube and rifle/pistol cleaning kit.
- Billed ball cap or hat.
- ANSI approved eye protection, ear protection.
- Weather appropriate range clothing, long pants, rain gear.
- Some type of water conveyance (camel back, canteen, etc) or water bottles.
- Gloves (optional).
- Food or snacks.
Bring the will to learn!
Note: if you do not own either system yet, you can rent either from us for $30 dollars extra for the day.