To Schedule Training please look at the available dates on the drop dawn menu or call 228-365-0022
* Reservation fees made for training are "non-refundable." Classes can be rescheduled up to 24 hours before the date of the class, if fail to reschedule the full cost of the class will be lost. Members will have a 20% discount in all classes taught by MCTA. Discounts will not include guest instructors who are not affiliated with MCTA Inc.
Members: $195 (20% off)
In todays world of shooting sports there are many choices when buying a carbine, but which one should you buy?
This course is designed to help the newer shooter to the realm of semi automatic rifles; during this course you will be shown the AR-15 and the AK-47. Two of the most popular rifles in use today. In this class we will show you the differences between the two by covering:
- Introduction to AR-15 Rifle & AK-47 Rifle
- Brief history of AR-15 rifle
- Brief history of the AK-47 rifle
- Understanding the reasons for the Carbine
- Understanding nomenclature of the weapons and parts
- Learning mechanical operations of AR-15
- Learning mechanical operations of AK-47
- Learning field stripping of the AR-15
- Learning field stripping of the AK-47
- You will demonstrate loading/unloading of both weapon systems with side-by-side comparison
- Practicing tactical and emergency reloads of both systems
- Practicing standing, kneeling & prone positions of shooting
Class duration 8 hours
From 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
500 rounds of ammo.
Plenty of water
Wear getting dirty clothes
Bring the will to learn
Note: if you do not own either system yet, you can rent either from us for $30 dollars extra for the day.