To Schedule Training please look at the available dates on the drop dawn menu or call 228-365-0022
* Reservation fees made for training are "non-refundable." Classes can be rescheduled up to 24 hours before the date of the class, if fail to reschedule the full cost of the class will be lost. Members will have a 20% discount in all classes taught by MCTA. Discounts will not include guest instructors who are not affiliated with MCTA Inc.
Members: $195 (20% off)
So you want to buy a handgun, but you are unsure of what to purchase. This course will give you the incite and ability to make the right call when buying that shiny new handgun.
This course is designed for a brand new shooter. When you come to this class please bring all of your questions about handguns, there is no such thing as a dumb question here. We understand there is a lot for you to learn in this course, and you might be confused about the world of handguns, what to buy, and how to maintain it.
If you already have a gun and need training this class is for you as well. This course consists of:
- Handgun fit up
- Safety when using a handgun
- Range etiquette
- Caliber’s and what they means to you
- Difference between semi-autos & revolvers
- Basic marksmanship
- Basic draw presentation
- Ballistics demonstration
- Equipment and why it matters
- Learn Nomenclature of your handgun and its parts
- Reload drills
- Red dot optics
- Handgun maintenance
- How most handguns function
- Demonstrate Malfunction drills
- Be guided in choosing your gear
Class duration 8 hours
From 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
300 rounds pistol
Bring safety glasses and ear-pro
Bring plenty of water
Wear getting dirty clothes
Unlike many other basic pistol courses, we don’t use PowerPoint. You will be hands on for the full 8 hours. Be ready to learn.
Note: This class can be turned into your Concealed Carry Course.