Introduction to Handgun Course
To Schedule Training please look at the available dates on the drop dawn menu or call 228-365-0022
* Reservation fees made for training are "non-refundable." Classes can be rescheduled up to 24 hours before the date of the class, if fail to reschedule the full cost of the class will be lost. Members will have a 20% discount in all classes taught by MCTA. Discounts will not include guest instructors who are not affiliated with MCTA Inc.
Members: $60 (20% off)
This course is taught by MCTA Instructor Bill Correa
Welcome new gun owners and those of you thinking about purchasing a firearm. We’re glad you’re joining the American family of shooting sports, and we’re here to help!
This 4 hour class, hosted at our indoor classroom facility*, is specially designed for you and will answer any questions about getting started shooting. The following topics will be covered:
- Safety, Protective Equipment, and what to wear.
- Basic Range orientation and target safety.
- Purchasing a gun.Types of handguns and general mode of operation.
- General handgun parts and nomenclature.
- Firearms Cycle of Operation.
- Ammunition Basics.
- Principles of Marksmanship.
- Principles of Combat Pistol shooting.
- General disassembly and reassembly of pistols.
- Cleaning and lubrication of handguns.
- Holsters and other support equipment.
Class duration 4 hours
From 8:00 am to 12:00 pm
You don’t have to be a perspective firearms buyer to benefit from this informative class. If you want to learn the basics about the exciting world of shooting sports and firearms self-defense, sign up for this class. You won’t be disappointed.
*Our Indoor Classroom Facility is located in:
1809 S. Haugh Av. Picayune, MS 39466